Executive Product Director
IBCS - Emilie Biggerstaff
+33 1 53 77 13 29
APG IBCS – IATA BSP Consolidator System
Easy access to all BSPs for all airlines
IBCS, developed jointly by IATA and the APG Network in 1999 to widen BSP membership, permits scheduled airlines (whether IATA members or not) to join any BSP worldwide on a variable cost, “Pay as you Earn” basis, with nominal joining fees. The BSP system, operating in 83 locations covering over 140 countries, has accredited 64,000 travel agents. APG Network has introduced more than 250 airlines to BSP membership in both “Online” and “Offline” markets and has over 1,200 activated IBCS contracts in force in the BSPs around the world.
IBCS is widely used by carriers of all sizes:
- Big airlines use IBCS in thin or seasonal “online” markets and in “offline” markets
- Small, start up or regional airlines use IBCS in both online and offline markets to establish their brand rapidly.
IBCS helps airlines to generate marginal sales revenues: APG Network Members function as the Local Carrier Representative to BSPs
- Handles application formalities for the airline with the BSP offices
- Executes agreements between the airline & the BSP
- Processes Travel Agent Debit/Credit Memos (ADMs/ACMs)
- Sets up local banking relationships, or alternatively, open carrier escrow accounts
- Assists in local credit card acceptance/clearance process, or alternatively offers outsourced acceptance/clearance facilities at low cost
- Scheduled airline
- IATA or Non IATA affiliation
- E-Ticketing capable in Global Distribution Systems (GDS).
- Full BSP membership in a program backed by IATA
- Features BSP membership on a “Pay as you Earn” variable cost basis without major capital expenditure
- Affords automated neutral E-ticket issuance via GDS
- Remittance on BSP payment cycle directly to the airline
- IBCS carriers can participate in the IATA Currency Clearance System (ICCS) – allows payment in choice of currency and country
- IBCS airlines are eligible to join the IATA Card Clear, Card AXS systems giving worldwide access to Visa and MasterCard clearance
- No long term contracts – On 90 day notice, conversion to normal BSP without penalty.
Executive Product Director Contact
The contracting APG office, likely the best known to you of our organization, will oversee and lead the APG Network activity with your company.
In addition, we have appointed internal Executive Product Directors who are especially trained and qualified in each of our products.
Joining fee* $ 1,000 per BSP A “one time” levy paid upon joining a BSP
Annual Membership fee $ 500 per airline Flat fee paid yearly regardless of the number of BSPs joined
Administration fee 3% variable Based on productivity, assessed monthly on net value of
tickets sold through BSP
Surcharged SCU $ 3.50 per SCU Fee per transaction with no productivity minimums
* IBCS Extend, a product and facility for airlines already present in a minimum of 10 BSPs, allows access to a block of any 5 BSPs worldwide for only $1,000 in joining fees.
Offers access to over 64,000 IATA accredited travel agents in 83 BSPs worldwide. Currently 140 active IBCS airlines in 77 BSPs with APG and with over 1100 implemented IBCS contracts.
Recent APG IBCS clients:
ARKIA Israeli Airlines